INVITATION TO BID
Date: October 15, 2020
Sealed Bids will be received by Powdersville Water (Owner) at the Owner’s offices at 1719 Circle Road, Powdersville, South Carolina until 2 p.m., local time, on November 19, 2020 for the 88 Connector Transmission Main Project.
At said place and time, and promptly thereafter, all Bids that have been duly received will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The proposed Work is generally described as follows:
- Replacement of the existing water line along Highway 81 and Old Greenville Highway Extension with a 16-inch water line. The transmission main will be approximately 8,200 linear feet of ductile iron pipe between the Lake Road Pump Station and the Highway 88 Tank.
- Cleaning and Painting the Lake Road Pump Station.
- Replacement of a control valve on Highway 81 with a pressure reducing valve.
- Addition of a pressure reducing valve on Highway 17 along with its associated vault.
All Bids must be in accordance with the Bidding Documents on file at the office of Black & Veatch Corporation, 201 Brookfield Parkway, Suite 150, Greenville, South Carolina 29607.
Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference as specified in the Instructions to Bidders, is non-mandatory.
Electronic Copies of the Bidding Documents will be provided to Bidders in PDF format without charge.
One copy of the Bidding Documents in electronic version may be obtained from Owner without charge at the address indicated herein. Bidding Documents will be available after October 15, 2020.
Neither Owner nor Engineer has any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or sufficiency of any bid documents obtained from any source other than the source indicated in these documents. Obtaining these documents from any other source(s) may result in obtaining incomplete and inaccurate information. Obtaining these documents from any source other than directly from
Powdersville Water 00020 B&V Project No. 403550 88 Connector -1- July 17, 2020 Transmission Main
the source listed herein may also result in failure to receive any addenda, corrections, or other revisions to these documents that may be issued.
Funding through the State Revolving Fund (SRF) in South Carolina will be used to fund all or part of this project. As a result, the project will be subject to federal contracting requirements associated with the funding. In anticipation of these funds, Powdersville Water will apply federal contracting requirements and will be responsible for oversight of these requirements. Bidders must comply with all applicable state and federal requirements identified in the bid documents, including Davis-Bacon and “American Iron and Steel” provisions.
EDA Grant # 04-01-07432
This project will be partially funded with Federal funds from the United States Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration and therefore is subject to the Federal laws and regulations associated with that program. All contractors and subcontractors must be registered in SAM (System for Award Management).
RIA Grant #S-20-2056
This project will be partially funded with a grant from the SC Rural Infrastructure Authority. “Equal Employment Opportunity”.
Please note the following requirements:
- Any contract or contracts awarded under this Advertisement for Bids may be funded by a loan from the State Revolving Fund or by other grant or loans from DHEC/EPA or other agencies. Neither the State of South Carolina nor the United States nor any of their Departments, Agencies, or employees is or will be a party to this Advertisement for Bids or any resulting contract. The contract will be subject to regulations contained in Federal Register, Section 40 CFR.31 where applicable.
- Bidders must comply with the President’s Executive Order Nos. 11246 and 11375, which prohibit discrimination in employment regarding race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Bidders must certify that they have performed prior work in compliance with Executive Order Nos. 11246 and 11375.
- Furthermore, where applicable Bidders must comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Davis-Bacon Act, the Anti-Kickback Act, the OSHA Contract Safety Work Hours, Contract Work Hours and minority-owned businesses goals.
- Each Bidder must be qualified under the provisions of the South Carolina Contractor’s Licensing Law, 1976 Code, Section 40-11-10, et seq. (as amended)
Powdersville Water 00020 B&V Project No. 403550 88 Connector -2- July 17, 2020 Transmission Main
For Bids that exceed $100,000, Bids must be accompanied by a Bid bond of not less than five percent (5%) of the amount Bid. If you do not comply with this requirement, your Bid WILL BE REJECTED.
Attention of Bidders is directed to applicable employment laws and regulations and to minimum wage and hour laws.
Bidders must be licensed contractors in the State of South Carolina.
Bids will be received on a unit price basis as described in the Contract Documents.
Each Successful Bidder will be required to furnish a construction performance bond and a construction payment bond as security for the faithful performance and the payment of all bills and obligations arising from the performance of the Contract.
If the Contract is to be awarded, Owner will give the Successful Bidder a Notice of Award within the number of days set forth in the Bid Form for acceptance of the Bid.
End of Section