We’ve compiled a list of common questions we get asked most often. Simply click on the questions below to expand and see the answers.
1. What are the office hours?
Office hours are from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Office is closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
3. Where is the Powdersville Water office located?
4. How can I pay my bill?
- Cash, check or money order at Powdersville Water office during normal office hours or after hours in the drop box past the drive thru window
- Payments can be mailed in the envelope provided with bill
- Bank draft – click here for form and instructions
- Credit Card draft – click here for form and instructions
- On line payments – click here
- By phone- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) please dial 864-269-5440-option 5 and follow the instructions
Note: Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards are accepted
5. Can I pay with a check by phone or online?
This payment option is not available at this time.
8. Is same day service available if I am signing up for new service?
For new commercial or multifamily residential development procedures, please see the Builders and Developers page. Our goal is to activate an account for an existing tap within 48 hours. Same day service is available for an additional fee. The fees for same day service are as follows:
Requests made for activation before 12:00 pm = $35.00
Requests made for activation after 12:00 pm = $47.00
See Set Up Service page for more information.
Same day service is not available for customers requiring the installation of a new connection (a new tap) to establish service. This type of service request will require permitting and construction that cannot be performed within 48 hours. Our goal is to perform all new service connections within 10 business days. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 864-269-5440 option 4 for details on how to request new connections to the water system.
9. How often should I get a bill?
Powdersville Water customers are billed monthly. Bills should arrive at approximately the same time each month and the due date is the same each month.
10. When will my water be shut off for non-payment?
A 5% penalty will be added to the account if the monthly bill amount has not been paid by the due date. Accounts are subject to disconnection when two bills are past due and the total amount on the account has not been paid before 8:30am on Lock Day.
Powdersville Water has Lock Day four times a month for past due accounts based on a customer’s billing cycle. A meter will be locked for non-payment once the second bill has not been paid by the due date. At this time, if the customer has not paid the balance on the account in full by 8:30 am on Lock Day, the meter will be locked and a $70.00 Lock Day service fee added to the balance on the account. The total amount due including the Lock Day service fee must be paid to reactivate the account. We encourage all customers to pay all bills promptly to avoid any of these unnecessary fees. Tampering with a meter, such as cutting a lock, is a criminal offense and the customer will be held liable for such an action.
11. If my service is disconnected how long does it take to restore service?
Meter technicians lock all meters and then begin the unlock process as payments are received for past due bills and fees. Payments received in the Powdersville Water office between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm will be unlocked the same day. Powdersville Water does not provide an after hours unlock service.
12. How can I report a leak in a road right of way?
14. Where does Powdersville Water’s water come from?
Depending on where you live, your drinking water originates from three different suppliers and three different bodies of water: Anderson Regional Joint Water System (Lake Hartwell), Easley Combined Utilities (Saluda Lake) and Greenville Water (Lake Keowee).
15. What is the H2O program? How can I sign up?
The H2O (Help 2 Others) Program is a project developed by the Leadership Anderson Class XXII, a leadership program of the Anderson Chamber of Commerce. The program was created to assist Anderson County residents who are in financial need of obtaining drinking water services. All assistance is funded to those with demonstrated needs by the Anderson Interfaith Ministries (AIM). As a donor in the H2O Program, each of your water bills will be automatically “rounded up” to the next whole dollar. Your annual contribution will never be greater than $12.00. Powdersville Water customers can enroll in the program by simply checking the appropriate box on the payment stub, signing the form and returning it to our office. For many years this has proven to be a very effective way to help those in need of water service. Thank you for your participation!
16. Can I get an adjustment on my bill if I have a leak?
17. If I am the owner, how do I add another authorized name to my account?
18. Who should I call if I need to dig on my property?
You should call Palmetto Utilities Protection Services, Inc.
Simply dial 811 at least 3 working days prior to digging.
A representative will assist you in getting the utility lines marked on your property.